HW95K tuning / replacement spring help

coneyhunter

Hello all,

i have recently purchased a HW95k second hand and although in very good condition i wish to replace the spring and give it a general tune up.

i was wandering if any one could point me to a replacement spring (not ox) and/ or tune up kit, also are there workshops i ould send my gun to for tuning? , any reccomendations?

please treat me as a beginner as it has been many years since i have used airguns and im sure much has changed, any info appreciated :good:

It's a ****** that Dave Hall has stopped working his magic. I have ordered the Macarri tuning kit from the States, that should arrive shortly, as they come highly rated. As well I have just had v-mach kit that came through the door yesterday. Will fit this weekend and report back my findings.

If you don't want to spend too much money on a tune & know how to use a screwdriver you could get a tune kit here.

http://www.woodfield-gcp.co.uk/springtuning.htm

I appreciate most of the kits are aimed at other guns, but an SMK XS20 is a clone of the HW95K, so the kit will fit.

If you tell Will, the proprietor, it's for a 95K he'll sort you out.

On my understanding of matters, the only difference is that the inside diameter of the piston on the 95K, over the XS20 is that the 95K is fractions of a millimeter wider & will take a slightly different Titan spring. Will has many rifles of his own & knows exactly what you need.

The springs in the kit are all cut to length, whereas if you (say) just buy a Titan spring for your gun, the chances are it will end up illegally overpowered unless you have it on your FAC. The power warnings on the packaging for a Titan are less cautionary & more of a guarantee.