double discharge

stutieb

evening folks ,was wondering if any one can shed some light on a problem i had on sunday ,was shooting clays witha few friends just informal fun so no pressure a friend borrowed my gun [midland o/u 12g] it gets used about once a year is in very good condition had some use by a previous owner but nothing with me,anyway i had no problem at all all morning but my mate had it and it double discharged twice on him hes a rookie so didnt know if he did anything wrong i doubt it anyway,he used the supplied berreta afterthat and i continued with mine for the rest of the day without a problem at all,is it knackard is it a couple of wanky cartridges or my mate yankin on like a devil ?any input would be helpfull dont really want to get rid of it or take somones hand off either thanks in advance stu

thanks for the replys lads ,ill get itchecked into sporting supplies asap ,would things like that be picked up on a service or in with a service ,just curious never had it done anyway ,thanks again lads stu

Getting it checked is always good advice but as the guy is not very experienced did he have it in his shoulder properly as this can cause both barrels to go, brother has the same thing with his baikel.

i aint sure how he handeled it my friend i dont really think he knows ,i gave it the benefit of the doubt and it was sound for me for the rest of the day ,needless to say im the biggest bas...d in the world for trying to kill my mate ,hes sound its the other 8 mates that was there !!!!!!thanks again lads ill get it looked at asap cheers