243 over kill????

It's a tough one. I wouldn't want to shoot a Deer with a 70gr NBT, but for Foxes it'll certainly put them down hard.

no neither would i, did i miss something? If its a duel purpose bullet the best i have found is the Nosler 95 grn B/tip but it needs to hit fast on fox to be at its best so don't push the ranges, its great on Roe (indeed my first choice). The OP is having a well know problem with .243" and std deer bullets, its not rare at all.

If you are one of those who think it a non issue, shoot some more and a pattern will emerge

Edited by kent

Can't see what the problem is with foxes and .243 'deer' bullets, so they may run, so what ? they will still be dead shortly afterwards. Half my deer run, I look for them and find them (dead), the only difference with foxes is that it is up to you whether you look for the carcasse. A fox hit anywhere in the 'boiler roon' ain't going to be going far.

Can't see what the problem is with foxes and .243 'deer' bullets, so they may run, so what ? they will still be dead shortly afterwards. Half my deer run, I look for them and find them (dead), the only difference with foxes is that it is up to you whether you look for the carcasse. A fox hit anywhere in the 'boiler roon' ain't going to be going far.

i think the issue until you find the body you cannot say for sure it wasn't a wounder. the fact that we aint gonna take it home for the kitchen shouldn't be a reason not to look and check surely? Also not all landowners are happy to have dead foxes lying about in plain view and for many good reasons and many assume it was shot exactly were found (think about that for a while)