24" Benelli Question

station

Hi All,

Anyone got or have shot a Benelli with a 24" barrel ?

Toying with something small for skeet and as a hide gun after shooting a mates 26" o/u mirouku.

I take it with a 24" semi auto Benelli I should be looking for one with their comfortec system ?

Any thoughts or advice muchly appreciated.

Out of interest - if I were to get a more universal 28" barelled one, how much would a 24" barrel set me back (or is that a non starter)?

Regards to all.

Guest cookoff013

24" auto is like a normal 28" sporter anyway. due to action length.

i tried to buy one m2 24" but my dealer wouldnt order it, he closed down.

i wanted one for skeet too.

i have a benelli montefeltro which i bought with a 28 inch barrel bought a 24 inch barrel as a spare for pigeon shooting in a hide its easyer in a hide with the shorter barrel in my opion dosnt get caught in the netting as much the spare barrel set me back 355 pounds it came with 5 chokes and key

i have a benelli montefeltro which i bought with a 28 inch barrel bought a 24 inch barrel as a spare for pigeon shooting in a hide its easyer in a hide with the shorter barrel in my opion dosnt get caught in the netting as much the spare barrel set me back 355 pounds it came with 5 chokes and key

Hi Basset,

Has your Montefeltro got the comfortec stock ? (not certain if that model comes in anything other than wood)

If not what is the recoil like when you have it set up with the 24" barrel ?

Many thanks.

I might be wrong but I thought the minimum legal barrel length was 25" - maybe thats Northern Ireland only :hmm:

Definitely 24" here - well for now anyhow !

hi station my montefeltro is wood stock i dont find the recoil bad at all when putting 32 gram pigeon loads through it

Hi basset,

Good to know - that's about the max that I will use myself in it. :good:

Silly question time basset - did you run yours in with heavy(ish) loads or did it cycle say 28g ok from the off ?

Cheers again.

i didnt put any big loads through mine to start with fired 28g from the start its not cartridge fussy at all never had a issue , my benelli is my gun of choice now the o/u never comes out of the cabinet

Well just need to get one now and hopefully mine will be as reliable as yours basset.

ATB :good:

Ive got a 10shot 24inch benelli m2 and the mag tube sits flush with the barrel its all i shoot now.Its very light and swings well.I wouldn't shoot a benelli with any other barrel length.Iv'e tried 24,26,28 the 24 felt perfect :good: .

By the way the 24inch barrel cost me 500 quid :oops:

Edited by silverhawk

Ive got a 10shot 24inch benelli m2 and the mag tube sits flush with the barrel its all i shoot now.Its very light and swings well.I wouldn't shoot a benelli with any other barrel length.Iv'e tried 24,26,28 the 24 felt perfect :good: .

By the way the 24inch barrel cost me 500 quid :oops:

I have seen a 10 shot 24" M2 and they do look the biz !

Do you find the balance of the gun changes as the cartridge number lowers and raises ?

I shot a Vinci today, although the barrel length was 28" (all they had as a demo gun) it was very nice to shoot.

I am hoping to fall on someone this weekend who I think has either a 26" or 24" montefeltro and have a go with it.

Thanks for the post.