hull 'solway' 12g 3" magnum no3's

hi,

just wondered if anyone uses or had used any hull 'solway' 12g 3" magnum no3's, i picked a couple of box's up today as i may need to sort som fox's for a friend of a friend.

i've used gamebore super game high bird 42g no3's and they've worked ok so i've no doubt they'll kill, just thought i'd get some opinions on how they pattern, did you do any good with them, is my shoulder gonna die as its my first time with 3" magnums.

i was quite pleased at the price too they was marked up in the shops cartridge list at £11.37 a box which i didn't think was too bad since the 42g gamebore i bought last was about the same, but when i went to pay the lad said they was £8.75 so i was well chuffed.

atb gary

i have used them a bit on decoyed geese and have no complaints with them, they paterned fine through 1/4 and 1/2, (thats my gun though, could be a different story through yours). recoil was fine through my semi but stung a bit through my 24.5" single baikal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'll be using them through my semi so should be alright then, cheers for that :good:

I've had a couple of boxes and they've been fine. The plastic overshot card tends to get cracked with the cartridges rattling round in your pocket, but I haven't had one shatter and spill all it's shot yet.

i'll stick a load in my belt then, cheers for that mate :good:

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried Solway Magnum 50g BB; Gamebore Mammoth Magnum 50g '3' and Gamebore 3.5" magnum 63g BB for foxes at a range between 40 and 50 meters.

I patterned them all at 40 meters, and I did not like the 3.5" 63g pattern! It was lumpy in the centre and approximately 1.2 meters in diameter.

I have shot at foxes with all three, and feel that the Solway Magnum 50g BB are the best for a clean kill at the range I am shooting at. With the '3' shot I had to dispatch a fox with a second shot, so have stopped using this load.