Cooking a turkey

Thunderbird

• 2 weeks later...

do my turkeys at work like that for total ease of carving,but the drum stick on a bigger birds you can get to much tendon strands, if you beat the meat make a light score around the leg tip dislocate the thigh and with a twist and a wiggle you can sometimes get most of that tough tendon out,a lot of butchers will remove the drumstick completely when boning a turkey and sell it separately,It still surprises me though that most people will cook there bird whole by choice even after having it boned out in the past,At home we still keep ours whole but closer to the bone closer to the heart

not a lot in it as the heat has to penetrate the thickest part of the breast,i would bone the thigh out as the video and for ease whack a tube of sausage meat in them and roll them in tin foil and roll into a cracker ,I have to use a probe for HACCP and record the temps but the brown meat takes half a hour less if done as a double thigh