Anyone on the marsh in the morning

ayano3

Hi ayano3

I'll be there.

Got "permission" :lol: :lol: from her in doors :blush:

Car park between 04:45 & 05:00

OXF

I hope you didnt get mud in that new gun :no:

I have only just seen this post as I may have tried to have gone but I was invited to a pheasant shoot yesterday.

Was thinking of going to shepps on Saturday but would it be busy do you think? :hmm:

Regards

Hcc

ps how did you get on?

Hi Oxford, sorry I didn't get to see your reply before I logged off last night or I would have met you there.

Well I was a bit later than you if you arrived for 5am. I was possibly the last one to arrive! I did see a couple of guys on the bottom of the Sea wall on the way to Lawyers Creek but didn't stay as I was short of time. I was quite surprised to see the amount of water already pushing beings the tide was not until 7 40am. I was going to sit the tide out and let it push me off, a 7.3 on Mallard Creek is usually quite a good tide but I realised it was going to make far more so had a change of plan and headed for the first horseshoe. I was almost there as the first skein of pinks come off in almost darkness. I got to the bottom of the bank and heard the first shot of the day fired (Was that you)??? Anyway we decided to stay put for a few minutes before heading the last few yards to the cradge bank. Pleased I did as one skein come just within range and I shot at the end bird. It was hit and peeled off the pack. The new member I mentor fired on it and we watched it drop towards the ground about 200 yards away on the sea-side of the bank. His first ever Pink.

We moved from the place we shot it to the first horseshoe and sent the dog into the rising tide on a blind retrieve but as she was looking I discovered a black lab also looking for a pink that had been shot with the first shot I mentioned. Unfortunately neither of the birds were found. We stayed until about 10am looking for what proved to be a needle in a haystack but there was no sign of either bird.

Carl went again this afternoon and searched the area we couldn't access due to the water but again it proved a waste of time. He said there were quite a few geese again tonight but he didn't get under them.

Where did you go ?? I know Graham Wall was on the camp, 2 guys walked off from towards the second horseshoe and 3 guns (one who was looking for the other goose) were also on the cradge bank. Own up to it...was you one of these guys?? I thought this mornings tide made more like a 8m than a 7.3m !!!!!

Harrycat, Saturday will be fine but the tide is a bit later so wont be pushing the geese off like today. But at least there's quite a few geese back on shep's after a couple of weeks with none or not so many.

Hi ayano, You missed me I was sat on one of the banks right at the end of the second horse shoe, past where you saw the two leave. Damn Pinks went to my left and right but nothing close enough. I did follow the tide out and sat on Anderson's until 11:00. Waste of time - it looked promising for a few ducks but then the gas guns started up and that just about scared every thing off the marsh.

You are right about the tide much higher than I was expecting - I had intended to walk out until I was pushed off but didn't bother as I could see how much water was already on.

Catch you next time

And Harrycatcat yes I did get the new gun muddy, so far very pleased with the Super Vinci.

OXF