Custom Stock

dicehorn

Dicehorn,

That is some nice set up, been looking into 20 tac myself,what rifle set you got and did you have it custom built? Stock is great have seen pictures of them before on a T3.

Any info on calibre would be appreciated.

Regards,

Reggiegun

The action is built on my 22.250 in Rem 700 S/A with a Lother Walther 26" barrel and 1 in 9 twist

Like most of the 204 calibres if you roll your own they are very accurate - shot at a 5" metal gong

Middle250ydsbottom500ydsTAC20.jpg

This 5 shot group with my TAC was shot by a friend of mine off this forum when load developing - he bottled out on the 5th shot - spoilt a good group - you know who you are ShootingCharley !

20Tac98yds-page-001-1.jpg

What do that call that colouring?

Green Mountain Camo

Most manufacturers call it forest camo or something similar. Virtually all the blanks used by every laminate stock maker in the world come from Rutland Laminates in the US hence why colours are similar all over the world.

Probably right - the firm that made mine are in Norway

Edited by dicehorn

The action is built on my 22.250 in Rem 700 S/A with a Lother Walther 26" barrel and 1 in 9 twist

Like most of the 204 calibres if you roll your own they are very accurate - shot at a 5" metal gong

Middle250ydsbottom500ydsTAC20.jpg

This 5 shot group with my TAC was shot by a friend of mine off this forum when load developing - he bottled out on the 5th shot - spoilt a good group - you know who you are ShootingCharley !

20Tac98yds-page-001-1.jpg

Green Mountain Camo

Probably right - the firm that made mine are in Norway

Hi Dicehorn,

Please can you confirm how many thou of the lands you are seating your bullets.

Cheers reggiegun

Hi Dicehorn,

Please can you confirm how many thou of the lands you are seating your bullets.

Cheers reggiegun

Using the comparator and modified tac case

Distance to lands = 2.103

Head bought back .223 = 1.880"

I know this is a custom barrel and the usual school of thought is having the ogive <40 thou off the lands.But all my rifles shoot >100 thou off. A barrel does not just have one sweet spot. I prefer to shoot with the head further in the case on the premise that the head takes up more air space in the case to create a more controlled/even powder burn.

I develop loads for several shooters in various calibres - the picture below was for a guy who wanted me to develop a load using 100 gr for fox but keeping POA the same to match his 120gr heads - not an easy task to achieve and maintain accuracy at the same time. I had to concede in the end he would need one elevation click at 100 yds

65Sauerwith100gr.jpg