browning b475 wildfowl

Rockers

I have a Browning waterfowl. Can't recall which model it is but it starts with a B, anyways its a 3" chamber version so handles everything up to 3". I use it for everything from light clay loads to 30grm game loads to 50grm magnum fox loads.

Edited by scolopax

I bought the B425 Waterfowl Special in the link to the other thread & so far I have been delighted with its versatility,handling & solid construction.

I have used mostly Clever Mirage 34g game loads, 42g semi magnums & 34g Steel loads through it without any problems.

Only had a few 50g fox loads out it but all performed as expected.

I'm sooo glad I chopped in my semi auto for it, no more jams or thinking about jams when the birds are coming in thick and fast.

It's the 30 inch barrelled one I have & this length seem to balance very well too.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Clyde

Edited by Clydebuilt

Mine is the 3.5" model and i use 3.5" Gamebore No 1 steel with decent results but i do keep a couple of Hevi-shot in my belt for the tall ones. It is very easy to tip out the steel and slip in the Hevi-shot when needed. Also if you are loaded for duck and hear geese approaching you can soon swap shells, try that with a semi???

I keep an old SxS with shorter Barrels and a lot less weight for roughshooting, you will find the 3.5" chambered 425 pretty heavy to carry all day. But you are glad of the extra weight when letting off a few heavy steel loads, I personally have never been bothered by the recoil but i am a fat *******.

thanks for all the answers. I have read up a bit on steel and I assume I need to drop a couple of sizes compared to lead. last season i was sold some steel cartridges from a local shop but wasn't entirely impressed. basic question but in 3.5 inch loads what size would you recommend for canada geese and what size for ducks?