PERMISSION

SPARKIE

• 4 weeks later...

Persistence without being pushy, Persuasive whilst remaining polite, and being confident without being cocky.

The trick is identifying a problem and offering to solve it, if the landowner sees a benifit to you being there and you come across as trustworthy and professional he will probably say yes.

Works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

keep trying matey !!!!

were in the same boat , i live quite near derby and havnt found anywhere yet

get the same response's " already got someone " no sorry no guns "

ive got a possible shoot lined up very close to me and the farmer was going to ring me back "still hasnt"

found out his email addy and keep dropping him emails now

im going to see him at the weekend so i'll let you no and if all goes to plan i'll invite you over

not sure if there's much there , but still can do some plinking and there's a couple of good pubs near by

any way im waffling so GOOD LUCK

oldandnew

• 1 month later...

glad to see you have had such good luck with obtaining shooting permision around derbyshire i live just over the border in nottinghamshire near alfreton and have just got permission to shoot rabbits on a golf course its a small start but hopfully it will develope into to bigger and better things.

• 3 weeks later...

Its been said a thousand times (not having a go) if you find someone with a problem and offer to solve it, you will more than likely at least get a trial.

You can usually tell if someone isn't sure about something, you can see it in their face, if you see that look jump in and offer a trial period. Tell him let you on there for one day and keep an eye on you. If you do this you are essentially making his decision much smaller and easier to make. That is a great time to drop hints about how careful you are with backstops, livestock, shutting gates, leaving things as you found them etc.

Its a sales job, the landowner has what you want, and you have something to offer him. Even though its free to him you still have to make him understand it won't "cost" him. If you see some uncertainty creeping in then hit him with some more benefits for you being there, believe me it works a treat :blush: