Question for the Jimny Owners

KPV4

Have any Jimny owners on here had any problems with the front hub seals and king pin bearings, and have you had them replaced? Apparently this is a common issue with Jimnnys.

Following the last MOT I was told the front hub seal would need replacing soon. So I have been looking into having the work done and the garage who carried out the MOT have priced up to do the work and have said I should have the king pin bearings done at the same time as the seals and bearings come as a kit. The price I have been quoted is over £500 which sounds a bit steep to me :blink:

Any one got any advice/info on prices to have this done, and how difficult is it to replace the bearings and seals?

Cheers guys, I've not had a look myself, I'm only going on what the garage said following the service and MOT I had done. I'm going to get a second opinion before I get any work done. The vehicle hasn't been off road (in the 3 years I've had it) and is a 54 plate with just over 30,000 on the clock, so maybe the garage have been stringing me a line to get work maybe :oops: