PCP charging

Pigeon_snIPer

Hi there - there is another option - a mains powered compressor that can charge to 230+ bar. These are usually found in dive shops.

If you think that a normal can tyre pressure is around 2 bar ( approx 30 PSI ), you can see that it needs a fair amount of chuff to compress air to something like 100 times the pressure.

Personally I use a small (about 8 litre I think) dive bottle, and my local gun shop refills it for free.

Yes that's pretty much right, but it's not a foot pump but a stirrup pump. They shouldn't leave you breathless though. It works out around 1.5 pumps per shot on my .177 rifle which is fine as I rarely shoot more than 10-15 pellets when hunting, and I give it a quick top up when home.

A bottle is best though, ad it ensures you fill with clean and dry air.

The only other alternative is to take your rifle to your gun dealer to fill, time consuming though.

depending on how much you use it, a 3 litre 300 bar bottle can be picked up for not alot more than a good stirrup pump.

i used to get on average about 22-25 fills from mine when using my s410, that was refilling when the gun got down to around 100 bar. i only ever used to top up to 190.

def worth trying to get a bottle mate. much easier.

:yes: