buying a small 4x4 looking at Mitsu Pinin?

Conygree

My lad is starting tree work and need a small 4x4, he keeps borrowing my wifes Jimny - great little motor but what other models to look for about 2002?

He fancies a Mitsu Pinin but I advised him to widen his search, like most lads they won't listen to dad so any advice for price/quality etc from small 4x4 owners on here.

Thanks in advance :good:

I've got a pinin 4work and am a tree surgeon greate little truck will go anywhere. Nice and comfy ride, ok on fuel not very good if you want to tow anything, I have towed a 1.5 ton chipper with it but u know your towing. Fingers crossed I'm going back to keeping and am prob going to sell mine to get a pickup (need more seats) my mrs wants to keep it, she uses it when she goes picking up she did 55 days and she didn't even get it stuck :D

Thanks for the post Screwie, as I put earlier we have my wife's 02 Jimny since new (I have a 4life L200) it's a great little 4x4 but not so good +60mph and my lad needs a set of wheels with a few more 'man points'. You say your wife used it for pickingup but I couldn't see any A/T M/T tyres for it on Camskill, did you fit larger wheels?

I help out at a local large estate shoot doing tree work with the L200 and when it starts it's quad/dog time - x2 black working cockers, having post-shoot depression at the moment.

thanks again

Ive got bfg all terrains on mine it will go anywhere, it light so doesn't bog down. I was a full time keeper tree work has just been a stop gap hopefully by the end of the week will have sorted another job out. I've got my pinin more places than I could get the estate LR90 with mud terrains. I would say a cheap pickup would be better for your lad if he can afford it will be more use. We can get our 6 dogs in at a push just need a double cab as we want to have just the one truck so need more seats as the pinin is just a two seater