BODDINGTON RESEVOIR

evo

I walk the dog round Boddington everyday, its been steadily rising since Christmas and is now back up to the bottom step of the pegs but still about four or five feet under the wier at the far end. The reason it was near empty is because they broke the sluice gate at nearby Clattercote so only Bodddington and the small Wormlieghton were topping up the Grand Union Canal, the gate is now fixed so shouldnt be a problem this year.

If you do get back there the last pegs on the right hand side as you look from the road fish very well, total catches regularly hit treble figures in pounds.

Good Luck.

Edited by Plumbob

One of the farms I shoot backs on to Boddington Res (Good shooting to be had flighting the Canada's off there!).

The water level is definitely rising now that the Clattercote gates are fixed. I was pigeon shooting there at the weekend and a couple of the

lads who fish it regularly confirmed that it was fishing very well!

Is there a resevoir in the country that isn`t low??

Yes all the ones here in Northern Ireland are full to the brim - hsve never seen the ground so wet as there is nowhere for the water to go. A complete contrast to what you guys are suffering from in East Anglia, East Midlands & SE England.

Glad though that I am farming here, where we have plenty of grass.....