Air Arms S410

gaffa9977

Hello.

Ive just been out with my new Air Arms TDR,not much fun.Basically the bolt action is stiff as hell,now i expected this as its new, but there's stiff and then there's stuck!On occasions i had to use both hands to pull it to the correct position.After about 80 pellets my right thumb and finger we're mashed.Is this the norm chaps?or is there a nack to it,any info would be great, cheers :good:

I don't remember mine being that stiff that I needed both hands :good:

It has loosened up a bit since, mind. Just the other week someone who had never shot it before was moaning it was very hard to cock (quite a small lass so I didn't think much on it).

No special trick to it, I just lift it and snap it back smartly first back then forward in one fluid motion. If you stop before it clicks you don't have any momentum and it is harder.

After all its not a smooth rifle bolt action, you are only resetting a spring and indexing the mag, you don't need to be dainty with it.

Had the same on my .177 s410 so just sprayed some dry lube n it and bobs your mothers brother.

Fany's your aunt?.....ill give it a lube and as said, snap it back abit.I was doing it slow and gently,so hopefully the fast and hard :lol: option will work(what was we talking about again?)....thx again lads :good:

gaffa ive just bought the TDR secondhand and mine cocks niceley mate just carry on mate i'm sure it will loosen up :lol:

What is it....177 or .22.

Daystates have a tendancy of slipping .177s back into the "breach" if they havent been cocked properly...

Saw one bloke at our club fish out 9 pellets..............He holds the record at the moment...previously it was 5.......not held by yours truly....

I only shoot mans calibre....

gaffa ive just bought the TDR secondhand and mine cocks niceley mate just carry on mate i'm sure it will loosen up :lol:

What is it....177 or .22.

Daystates have a tendancy of slipping .177s back into the "breach" if they havent been cocked properly...

Saw one bloke at our club fish out 9 pellets..............He holds the record at the moment...previously it was 5.......not held by yours truly....

I only shoot mans calibre....

22 mate :lol: