Damp Dog Beds?????

tinytim38

Can someone help please my 2 springers sleep in the utilty room which is not heated, and they sleep in plastic kidney shaped beds with a couple of dog '' mattress'' and old quilt covers on top, I have noticed that after they sleep on them the surface of the bed is covered with condensation, it is not coming up from the floor as I have tried covering the inside base of the bed with polythene and the same situation occured, its like they are sweating and the condensation has nowhere to go despite the holes in the base of the bed, I have tried raising the beds of the floor to allow a greater air flow but this did not change anything, was considering a wicker bed for them, anyone had this and resolved it?????

cheers

Tim

PS they are not incontinent LOL

condensation forms when warm air hits something cold and forms water droplets.

i guess the dogs are giving off warm damp air in their breaths as they sleep and this then forms on the beds. (not 100% sure on this being the same on material beds)

Vet bedding is designed so that moisture and liquid seep through the bedding leaving the surface dry, even if they are wee'd on they would still be dry on the surface for the dog.

maybe try some vet bed material washes easy and dries very quickly.

jan

Sorry to hear of your problem but in un heated room the only way is ventilation :yes: the dogs shud be fine if they have their natural winter coat, I have a problem in my dog of ripping everything to shreds, tried carpet,blanket and now give up, he sleeps on a wood board in the basket with what ever hes just ragged and hes no worse for wear. Hope you get sorted :good:

Vet bedding is designed so that moisture and liquid seep through the bedding leaving the surface dry, even if they are wee'd on they would still be dry on the surface for the dog.

maybe try some vet bed material washes easy and dries very quickly.

jan

Vet bedding is very good, a definite second recommendation for that. I have to say that giving them just a wooden board is in my opinion a bit harsh, even in the wild they'll find somewhere comfortable to bed down.