catching up a few pheasants

jim t

Fenn Mk VI

only joking of course. four pen sections (10' x 10' partridge release pen is ideal), cut a hole at ground level about 2 foot across and make a wire funnel leading from the pen side about 3 foot long leading inside the pen, narrow it down to about 6" across.

the pheasants will go though the funnel into the pen then cannot find their way back out again.

feed the pen for about a week before hand with the door open and maybe one corner aswell so that the birds become familiar with the feeding site. Do not feed anywhere else.

Edited by scolopax

is this really true that you cannot catch up after 1st feb

In Scotland, they now have 28 days after the season ends, to catch up, ie 28th Feb.

It is generally accepted/said, in England, that, at the end of the season, you cannot catch up, but 99.9% of keepers still wait until the season has ended (Scolopax, you must know the only one :yes::lol: )

This subject has been discussed on many forums, including PW before. As far as I know, no keeper, anywhere, has been penalised for catching up after 1st Feb. I have been searching, out of curiosity, for a definitive answer to the "English" question on catching up, but cannot find any :hmm:

Maybe Dave BASC my be able to enlighten us, on where the exact law states this ruling?