beware dippas

Beware Dennys Dippas,they will cost you a lot of money !!!! I ordered one but due to and admin mistake got 2 !,contacted Mr D and told him and was told as it it was his mistake that I should keep extra one ! but my problems only just started ! I took them out today and set them up amongst 30 shell decoys and a manual flapper,this is in a field that I shoot quite often and get 15/20 a time (good standby if nothing else doing),only took 1 box of cartridges (+ some loose ones in bag) out of car,this was at 8am ,by 9am I had to rush back across field to get 2 more boxes,by 1pm I had shot out this lot and couldn't be bothered to get more as I now had to carry my gear + 58 pigeons back to the car (cheated and drove Disco around headland)

So because of my 2 Dippas I used 50 extra cartridges today,so if you buy a Dippa be prepared to shoot more pigeons and use more cartidges ,oh the cost!

Sorry all but as you can tell I'm very impressed with DD's,these are well made and work well,only comment I will add is that you have to find the right thickness spring to fit onto the peg,tried the ready made spring pegs but decoys loll about all over the show,even with tape around,found a 8mm dowel peg is best with a fairly strong spring ( you know its right when you put a decoy on and wobble it and it dont fall over sideways)also found rechargeable batteries give my 2 full days shooting between charging (Maplin Electronics are doing 4x 2000mA AA batts' for £4.99)

also once you have set them up put a small Tye Wrap around spring clips,saves having to set them up again in the field after transportpost-56239-0-12309600-1330631126.jpg

All in all,well pleased very good bit of kit at sensible price, thanks Mr D keep up the good work ,Terry

I have six of these myself and have to agree with you that they are great bits of kit. The best way I can describe it is the whe patten comes to life when you scatter some Dippas in amongst the decoys.

My problem now is I have just changed my decoys from shells to FUDs so I need to get the modifications done so I can fit them to the FUDs.

Cos