Lofting poles

Marsh Pig

Somebody on here that shall remain nameless bought a set and they worked a treat. Only problem was getting them down in the wind as mentioned. He had to shoot the branches off to get his deeks back :lol: He cut the neck off a plastic bottle and taped it to the end of the poles to act as a guide for the weight on the bottom of the hanger and reckons they are now the nuts.

i adapted a funnelwhich attached to the end of the lofting pole - makes it a lot easier to get them back out of the tree, i found they broke if they fell more than 6 ft - but this fix worked

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/86832-lofting-decoys-breaking/page__p__742524__hl__%2Bdecoys+%2Bbreaking__fromsearch__1#entry742524

How are they with a bird on the end , Ive got bought ones and always like a Billy Smarts circus act to get them up with a cpl of decoys on it on my own in a breeze. :rolleyes:

:good::good: poles i made worked a treat with a bird on the end i also made the rig to balance the decoy on the branches out of some 4mm wire which cost just over 3quid and some old lead i had laying around. After i lofted the decoys up i use an attachment on the lofting pole to put a floating decoy on the top so i can put this 25 to 30ft in the air so it looks like a bird is coming to land in the tree. It works well. I might even take it out when i go decoying and set it in a tree nearby just to see what it pulls in. :D