Nightforce

Beno

Thinking of getting a nightforce scope 5.5-22 x 56 NXS got a zeiss varipoint at the moment but wanting extra mag for foxing, how good are the nightfoce in the lamp on full mag I know there not going to be as good as me zeiss, but would like a bit of honest in put just so i dont wast my money.

I have a Nightforce 8x32x56 on my .223 and only use it under the lamp all the time, Cracking scopes, My buddy Dempy shoots a 22.250 with the same scope under the lamp and i havent seen anybody shoot better than him!! he can pick which eye to put the round at over 150 yards (i didnt believe it until i saw him do it either!!) he also shoots fox's running with it!!

Neighbour has one on Remington 700 22/250 5.5 22 50 the hairs are a bit light it might be better if it was illuminated retical the down side to this scope is it is over two pounds in weight very heavy if it is on an already heavy gun. You would be well asdvised to see one in the flesh sort of speek by night under the lamp and then make up your own mind. Other than that a good scope.

I've had two for a long time. I personally leave mine set at 10x mag for lamping. The only time I use a higher mag whilst

lamping is for definite ID (i.e. Fox laid up in a hedge, zoom in to be 100% certain of ID).

I've also never found the Nightforce to cause me any problems on dusk/dawn low light shooting.

I've had two for a long time. I personally leave mine set at 10x mag for lamping. The only time I use a higher mag whilst

lamping is for definite ID (i.e. Fox laid up in a hedge, zoom in to be 100% certain of ID).

I've also never found the Nightforce to cause me any problems on dusk/dawn low light shooting.

I have a 8-32x56 NP-2DD and agree with the above post!