kennel club

zab10

my lab bitch went into season recently and i decided i would like a litter of pups off her with the intention of keeping a pup , she has her scan friday coming and is showing early signs of pregnancy so i hope all is well on that front .

my problem is when looking out her papers i realised i have never registered her in my name (rehomed her at 16 months of age) as the lady was moving away, my wife phoned the kennel club and explained our situation and she was told as long as we had all paper work there was no problem with changing ownership on the papers so we sent the forms off only to receive a letter back yesterday saying it could not be done as no signature from previos owner .

i have no way of contacting the previos owner so i will have to phone again tomorrow and try and sort it out , i was just wondering if anyone else had any experience of this situation and how did it work out . ? if a dog owner died and someone else wished to take on there dogs and register them there could be no signature in that situation either . but anyone i have mentioned this to seems to think i have no chance without a signature

my wife tried it online today and they have changed there system from the paperwork we have so she phoned them again and we have to send a letter explaining our circumstances and they will review it for us but cant gaurantee it will get changed over .

cheers for the help anyway