If you need a new ferret cage

demonwolf444

My ferret cage was rather small so i thought i would indulge and buy a bigger one so the chap could run around a bit more, i didnt have much at all to spend and so i settled on this budget rabbit hutch.

The hutch has gone up by about 10 quid since i bought it ( why!? )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3ft-RABBIT-GUINEA-PIG-FERRET-HUTCH-HOUSE-CAGE-LARGE-RUN-/230637360443?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item35b30ed53b

Even still the hutch including delivery is under 70 quid and i was hard pressed to find one at a pet shop with proper thick wire for less than 100 quid.

Over all im very impressed, the cage is very easy to put together and comes with all the necisarry fittings. Both top doors open making it easy to get the ferret out, and also the bottom has a wire door that is a decent size. The run and the top wire fronts are made of a decent gauge wire that they wont chew or claw through, and the wire door cannot be opened from the inside. The ramp can be closed off so you can keep them in the run whilst you clean out the top or vica versa.

The roof is hinged so you can lift it up and it has a lever type catch that will hold it up while you clean it out.

it has a removable tray, that can be easily cleaned.

Everything seems to be made of decent wood, and ive been really impressed with it. Just thought i would share my thoughts, thought it was a good buy for anyone who is just getting into it and just has the one ferret.