which 4x4

roadkill

4x4 yeti are still £10k+ or were when I looked... Mates wife has CR-V 2.0 petrol auto nice car but not economic and has had quite few niggles with it it's her second gear box packed up on the first and was done under warranty and was about to again when it got chopped in £2k+ for an auto box my old man has a swb Rav4 and it's nice had a petrol before now a D4D.

4x4 yeti are still £10k+ or were when I looked... Mates wife has CR-V 2.0 petrol auto nice car but not economic and has had quite few niggles with it it's her second gear box packed up on the first and was done under warranty and was about to again when it got chopped in £2k+ for an auto box my old man has a swb Rav4 and it's nice had a petrol before now a D4D.

interesting I have a 60 reg CRV 2.2 diesel. personally I hate it. it does between 36 and 45mpg, it is great around town and up to about 60mph after that it becomes noisy and thirsty.

reliability, never been offroad, has done 45k miles, 5 trips into Honda servicing which is frankly appaling, two suspension drop links, parking sensors, various other niggles mostly still not fixed and its booked in yet again to be "repaired". I should add, none of these were for routine servicing

Compared to the VW golf and bmw I have had previously, both were in better mechnical condition after 100k miles than the honda was after 25k.

have you thought about a tax exempt series landy as a second car? insurance is cheap, get one with a 200 tdi engine and it will drive reasonably and still return 30mpg ish.

Edited by Mattw

I have recently got a Hyundai Tucsan. It is good on road and gives me 36-37mpg for a 2ltr diesel. It has decent ground clearance and can be put in 4 wheel drive. I know it wont do serious off road stuff, but for getting on and off fields and doing verges and rutted tracks it does the job for me. I have found it a good compromise between a car and an off roader.