A good day on wheat drilling

Cambs shooter

Had a good day on some wheat drilling today with my Dad.

I spotted these birds feeding yesterday on a field of drilled wheat whilst driving home. We've never shot this land or had permission to shoot this land before, so tend not to look in the area. My Dad had a day off work and had a look this morning and the pigeons were pouring in. After introducing himself to the farmer, he was more than happy to let us shoot the land, as no-one else shoots it, and the pigeons are also damaging the rape fields close by. I finished work early and joined my Dad around 10.45. After some fairly poor shooting from both me and my Dad, we picked up 80 birds (should have been 100+) for 128 shots. Needless to say the farmer was happy and so were we. Yet more land to shoot.

Cheers.

Edited by Cambs shooter

I spotted these birds feeding yesterday on a field of drilled wheat whilst driving home. We've never shot this land or had permission to shoot this land before, so tend not to look in the area. My Dad had a day off work and had a look this morning and the pigeons were pouring in. After introducing himself to the farmer, he was more than happy to let us shoot the land, as no-one else shoots it, and the pigeons are also damaging the rape fields close by. I finished work early and joined my Dad around 10.45. After some fairly poor shooting from both me and my Dad, we picked up 80 birds (should have been 100+) for 128 shots. Needless to say the farmer was happy and so were we. Yet more land to shoot.

Cheers.

its great when a farmer says yes and pigeons are all over his land then you pull a good bag off the field can,t beat it :good:

Cheers.

i think iwould be quite happy with 80 for 128, how many do you reckon to get from 128 shots?

k