Zeroing a 22lt

I'm going to try and zero my rifle this afternoon, I'm going to zero at 50 or 60 yards as that is where I will take most of my shots. My question is what will the hold under be at say 20-25 yards and hold over be like at 75-80 yards? Thanks in advance matt

Sorry about LT in title I meant LR my phone always put lt instead on predictive text!!!!!

Edited by Sharpshooter.123

I'm going to try and zero my rifle this afternoon, I'm going to zero at 50 or 60 yards as that is where I will take most of my shots. My question is what will the hold under be at say 20-25 yards and hold over be like at 75-80 yards? Thanks in advance matt

Sorry about LT in title I meant LR my phone always put lt instead on predictive text!!!!!

Are you going to be using subsonic rounds or high velocity ones?

no one can really answer your question if they did it would only be a guess,just put the board out and see where it lands

Set up with subs at fifty yards and you can say,for rabbits aim dead on from ten to sixty in real terms. Then two inches holdover at seventy yards. That's what I do if I'm not expecting to be shooting much above sixty yards. You will have to check with your own gun and ammo but you won't find it much different from this with most subsonics. Obviously you need to find ammo that suits your gun. :yes:

I use the Winchester ballistics website for these things. Don't take it as absolute, however it will get you pretty close and give you a good idea what to expect - well worth printing it off, then trying it yourself to confirm it to be accurate.

I suggest trying a 50 yard zero, it makes it flat to about 70 yards.