Tag watch battery replacement

Thunderbird

I did think about Goldsmiths but then thought they would just send it away anyway..?

You're The Watch Man though Mike, I'll check...

They did my Tag and Tissot replacement battery on the premises, they had to send my Oris and Seiko off to the service centre because they were mechanical watches...the Swiss ETA movement is used on the cheaper non mechanical Tag watches. Has yours the movement calibre stamped on the back if so what is it ?

If I can identify it I can tell you were to get it done locally, perhaps even do it myself for you.

Quartz Tag watches do not generally need servicing regularly because the ETA movement is in fact very reliable, (not as reliable as the Jap equivilent though.) So you would probably be just in for the new cell and a replacement case gasket.

Why not go to Goldsmiths anyway ditch the Tag and buy a proper watch with a proper mechanical movement. :lol: They have a lovely range of ORIS watches in stock which in my opinion and that of many horologists I know, is one of the better swiss makes available at the price. ;)

Tags, Omega, Rolex are all old hat now...all extensively replicated by the Japs with even better Miyota movements than the original. You need something with a bit of culture and Kudos..a man in your position. :lol::P

I could do you a good deal on a nice Jaeger Le Coulture???....just put a couple of lugs and a strap on that aircraft clock you have. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

This reminds me of a joke -

A bloke walks into a jewellers shop, and goes up to the girl behind the counter. He says "Do you do watch repairs?" She says "Certainly sir". So the bloke whips out his manhood and slaps it onto the counter, and says "Great. In that case, put two hands and a face on that!"

I'll get me coat :hmm:

I could do you a good deal on a nice Jaeger Le Coulture???....just put a couple of lugs and a strap on that aircraft clock you have. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did think of that, culture and vintage and all that. It did break the speed record over the atlantic after all....

As we're meeting up soon for a recce I'll show you it (oo-er).

This reminds me of a joke -

A bloke walks into a jewellers shop, and goes up to the girl behind the counter. He says "Do you do watch repairs?" She says "Certainly sir". So the bloke whips out his manhood and slaps it onto the counter, and says "Great. In that case, put two hands and a face on that!"

I'll get me coat :hmm:

Same bloke walks into a horologists shop gets his old man out and puts in on the counter...lady says sorry you must be dyslexic this is a clock shop not a cock shop :lol: :lol: