Kent wall growers cartridges

They will be an overbranding of a larger manufacturer.

Most bigger cartridge makers will print your own brand on a case if you pay for a die and order a min quantity.

Usual way to work out what they are is to look at the heads - those are usually std to the brand and will have Eley; Lyalvale etc embossed on them, and the outer box should also have the spec / underlying manufacturer.

As "own brand" cartridges need to be ordered in bulk and sold in quantity to make it worth while, they tend to be in the cheap and cheerful bracket. Better loads with a bit of price premium don't sell fast enough to justify stocking 50,000 or so in with an overbranding on them, although there will be exceptions to this from some of the larger gun makers who sell loads prepared and regulated for their specific gun production, but they will also be notably more expensive than the run-of-the-mill loads.

They will be an overbranding of a larger manufacturer.

Most bigger cartridge makers will print your own brand on a case if you pay for a die and order a min quantity.

Usual way to work out what they are is to look at the heads - those are usually std to the brand and will have Eley; Lyalvale etc embossed on them, and the outer box should also have the spec / underlying manufacturer.

As "own brand" cartridges need to be ordered in bulk and sold in quantity to make it worth while, they tend to be in the cheap and cheerful bracket. Better loads with a bit of price premium don't sell fast enough to justify stocking 50,000 or so in with an overbranding on them, although there will be exceptions to this from some of the larger gun makers who sell loads prepared and regulated for their specific gun production, but they will also be notably more expensive than the run-of-the-mill loads.

Ok thank you. Should i stick with what i shoot now and know works ok or buy a box or two and see how they shoot ?

If you feel there is an availability / price advantage, its worth trying them and if they work for you, use them.

Remember, cheaper cartridges are cheaper for a reason. Although some manufacture some of their components, most cartridge manufacturers are assemblers of components. They buy heads and tubes in bulk, powder from the powder companies, wads and shot from the source, and their different types of cartridge offered are variations in the component assembly.

To make a cheaper cartridge, the lead alloys used may have low additions for hardening the shot (low antinomy), maybe be less precise in quality control, ie more size/shape variation ( this causes edge flyers and elongated shot strings). The wad design / gas seal may not be as efficient as other better brands, and most likely the powder is very fast burning. Better powders are usually more progressive in their discharge making a smoother recoil and less pattern distortion.

Paying just 10-20% more for a better assembly of components can give a much superior pattern and less recoil fatigue - but if the cheapest available work for you and don't change your break / kill ratio, then buy the cheapest that suit.

It's Kent Wool Growers mate. I'd stick to what ya know mainly cos I don't trust em at KWG. They tried to rip me off big time a while back so now I stay well clear.

Wool and not wall :blush:

Think i will stick with my blue diamonds :shoot:

Edited by Dominicrobed