Wire hair fox terrier..

Archie-fox

Morning all

my fox terrier (archie) has over night pulled out 2 lumps of fur about the size of a 50p out of his rump area...and the skin underneath looks quite red and sore..

he has had all his flea treatment recently so i know its not that, it looked like a small scab on each patch as well..

could he have been bitten by some sort of tick? he does have sensative skin and is on a special diet for it..

has anyone any ideas of what it could be and any treatment?

Regards

Rich :good:

Mine has done the same for a couple of years. The vet is doing the test for allegy but we think its grass pollen. Doesnt happen in Autumn or winter. A friend of mine had a similar problem with a Jack Russell x and a change of diet to a fish based dried food cured it. I am about to try this.

Mine has done the same for a couple of years. The vet is doing the test for allegy but we think its grass pollen. Doesnt happen in Autumn or winter. A friend of mine had a similar problem with a Jack Russell x and a change of diet to a fish based dried food cured it. I am about to try this.

yea i think thats the problem...he doesnt do it in winter or autumn but has done it after the recent hot weather...as for flea treatment ive all ways used that 'spot on' stuff...hes stopped digging at himself now as ive used some sudacream on the area and its calmed it all down but left 2 little bald patches... :no: