Laptop signal booster /

vole

I had all this in the previous house and the current one.

In the old house I faffed about with re-positioning the router, using special "magical" larger aerials on the PC and router (what a croc!) and changed the wireless card in the PC. All to much expense and no avail. In the end we bought the develo type plugs and they worked perfectly, happy days.

In the new house we had a similar problem. We have got 4 PCs, an Xbox and a PS3 all on the router. I just bought a load of the develo plugs.

By chance my work PC engineer chap was at the new house and I commented that our wireless signal was poop and dropped out all the time. He looked at the other wireless networks near our house and said that it was probably our neighbours router causing it. (from memory it was a Netgear). He said that this particular brand use a common wireless frequency and draw heavily, causing other routers in the area to drop out.

He reconfigured our router to use a slightly higher less congested frequency and hey presto no more problems, I am sitting here with 5 bars on the wireless (full coverage) from what was 2 bars if I was lucky.

Edited by ME