different use for a magnet

finreid

read in an old shooting mag (2009 ish) that if you couldnt put your hide underneath the flight line you could just set up your deeks and hide further along the hedge, and put your magnet under the flight line with a couple of plastic white bags on it, which would push the birds over to your pattern, where it was "safe". has anyone else heard of this/ tried it out???

good idea if you could predict which side they would go to :good:

most people on this forum will tell you to just keep you pigeons on it as they scare pigeons. not me though i love em !.i would not personaly use a magnet to scare pigeons as they are rather heavy to use to scare pigeons when you could just use rope bangers which would prob work better or cd's on sticks or fertaliser bags on stick (much lighter)

Edited by Matt Gould

wouldn't be without one either, only rare days they dont work.

cant afford banger ropes at 5 quid each, cos im poor! :blush: wish i could as

they would have improved many bags. cheapest option is another shooter :lol:

have an unlimited source of 6m foil bags that cut nicely into strips...good for flagging

off strips when on canes :good: . (trying not to divert original post topic..lol)

Supermarket shopping bags on a magnet..... I did this and it drove the birds crazy ........ but the wrong birds!

The horsey girls went nuts as the noise was upsetting the horses 500 yards away! farmer told me to carry on but no point making enemies on the farm so packed it in.