firing problem

bigman

Iv rescently picked up a 2nd hand shottie it has a small problem of only firing one barrel its a o/u single trigger ,

both barrels will fire if selected from the safety switch one at a time if you get what i mean

with snap caps fitted it will only fire the one barrel, when out shooting its intermittant its like the trigger locks back and is not returning for the 2nd barrel ???

cheers

Iv rescently picked up a 2nd hand shottie it has a small problem of only firing one barrel its a o/u single trigger ,

both barrels will fire if selected from the safety switch one at a time if you get what i mean

with snap caps fitted it will only fire the one barrel, when out shooting its intermittant its like the trigger locks back and is not returning for the 2nd barrel ???

cheers

with the snap caps in it will only fire one barrel until you bang on the butt to set the second firing pin i use to hit butt with palm of my hand but some just bump it on floor

colin

with the snap caps in it will only fire one barrel until you bang on the butt to set the second firing pin i use to hit butt with palm of my hand but some just bump it on floor

colin

ahh thanks for that iv just tryed it and it worked , it has failed on me before when out shooting thou

also should the gun be stored with the snap caps in fired ?

thanks again

The idea of the snap-caps is that you put them in the gun and fire it to relieve the pressure on the firing pin springs. Putting them in without firing them is pointless!

However everybody has different opinion on whether they should be used or not, please don't start that debate, if you want more info then do a search on here!

Single trigger O/U's rely on the recoil of the first cartridge to swap over to the second barrel. What usually happens when the second barrel won't fire after the first is the the mechanism inside has got all sticky due to not being cleaned for years. Oiling it might fix the problem, if not it might require a strip and proper clean.

The idea of the snap-caps is that you put them in the gun and fire it to relieve the pressure on the firing pin springs. Putting them in without firing them is pointless!

However everybody has different opinion on whether they should be used or not, please don't start that debate, if you want more info then do a search on here!

Single trigger O/U's rely on the recoil of the first cartridge to swap over to the second barrel. What usually happens when the second barrel won't fire after the first is the the mechanism inside has got all sticky due to not being cleaned for years. Oiling it might fix the problem, if not it might require a strip and proper clean.

Buy a HATSAN ??? ???