SMK Westlake B2

Blundey

Hi guys im pritty new on here so heres an update:

i was in the TA for a few years and got some great shooting experience with SA90's (i think i remeber that model right) and other air rifles etc..

I got my first and second class marks men award over two years so im quite familiar with shooting.

Now i went and bought a Westlake B2 (yeah cheap ****) and have been firing it today....took a while to find out how to group the shots.....but got it in the end. All in all its not a BAD starter rifle but after shooting a few bee's from 10yards i got quite bored.

The problem im having is im literally having to aim around 1inch left of the target to hit it dead centre....ive got the height just right but it always goes to the right....anyway i can sort this out? or is it just a **** rifle causing this?

I would never ever shoot anything alive with this thing...its just not accurate enough on the first shot....need one shot to work out where the line of sight is...

any other tips you can give me to do better, in the mean time ill save up for a better rifle.

Thanks guys

How much am i looking at for a cheap yet accurate air rifle? The b2 is by far powerful enough...got a bruise on my shoulder....but not accuarate whatsoever.

Web links would be really helpful.

Trust me, no B2 in existance is powerful enough to humanely hunt with. The recoil is caused by poor tollerances in manufacture and friction during the firing cycle. Saying that I'm not slating you or the gun, I started off with and SMK laserhawk and it was one of the funnest garden guns I've ever used.

Welcome on board. No doubt you could get it to work well enough with mush tinkering but i'd save for a second hand unit like an air arms AA TX-200, or better still an AA S-200

I'll be selling my used TX200 soon when my FAC comes through. I shot about 180 rabbits with it last year.

If he's interested he can PM me - so can anyone else for that matter. It's used, has faded blue on the lever but is mechanically impeccable, is quiet and best of all deadly accurate if you can shoot a spinger.

I'm not sure what they go for, but I paid £250 for this outfit a year ago. I'd be thinking about £200. It has a Simons dearfield scope on it 3-9

The problem im having is im literally having to aim around 1inch left of the target to hit it dead centre....ive got the height just right but it always goes to the right....anyway i can sort this out? or is it just a **** rifle causing this?

I would never ever shoot anything alive with this thing...its just not accurate enough on the first shot....need one shot to work out where the line of sight is...

any other tips you can give me to do better, in the mean time ill save up for a better rifle.

Thanks guys

Sorry to suggest the obvious, but you have adjusted the rear site sideways, haven't you? If you've run out of adjustment, that's another matter. Also, as I recall, if you want the sighted point of impact to move to the left, you need to move the rear sight to the right.

You probably know all this, in which case ignore it.