To Sell or Not To Sell that's the Question

andy9308

Hello,

Fellow shooters. I have a rifle which i have not used in a long while for one reason or another and i'm not sure whether to sell it and invest it in something else or hang on and hope things pick and i get out more with it.

The Rifle in Question is a CZ550 American 6.5x55mm swiss with a S&B 6x42, Harris bi-pod and A-Tec can. i have been working too much lately and can only manage short bursts either Clays, Pigeon or vermin shooting as stalking sucks up a weekends free time i don't have. the wife finds me little tasks to occupy my spare time. Any suggestions?

Andy

If you need the money sell it. As time goes by gun prices are climbing. If it sits in your cabinet for a couple of years you might find you suddenly have a bit more time and are glad you kept the gun. It's coming to no harm as it is.

Hello,

Fellow shooters. I have a rifle which i have not used in a long while for one reason or another and i'm not sure whether to sell it and invest it in something else or hang on and hope things pick and i get out more with it.

The Rifle in Question is a CZ550 American 6.5x55mm swiss with a S&B 6x42, Harris bi-pod and A-Tec can. i have been working too much lately and can only manage short bursts either Clays, Pigeon or vermin shooting as stalking sucks up a weekends free time i don't have. the wife finds me little tasks to occupy my spare time. Any suggestions?

Andy

Solution : Keep Gun, Sell Wife :good::D

I would keep it if you don't need the money in a hurry, its a great set up in a great calibre. As for guns being a good investment, well of course it depends on the gun, off the peg rifles don't fetch much second hand in my experience. I'm trying to sell my 243 and all the enquiries I have had have started with'how much less will you sell for', its a great bargain at the price its advertised at. Hammer shotguns are fetching good money at the moment, rare rifles especially African hunting calibres are also a very good investment. A mate has just got rid of his 243 Tika hunter, great condition and few shots but he took £400 for it, near half original price.

There is a lot of worry about barrels being 'shot out',especially in 243 and I think thats why people are scared to buy secondhand. I will not buy a brand new rifle again in a hurry, there are just to many bargains out there and most have only used a quarter of their barrel life,it just takes a bit of experience in knowing what to look for.

Edited by Redgum