anschutz problems

telf

i have anschutz 1417.22 and 1517 .17hmr when i was out the other day with the 1417 after rezeroing and then shooting some bunnies the bolt started to become very stiff to the point where it wouldnt go all the way back to eject spent casings,on the way home i called in at my rfd,he had a look and said sometimes the action needs "easing" on annies as the tolerances are so tight on them,the gun would need to be sent away(to frank dyke i summise) or keep it and see whats its like next outing which i decided to do.Yesterday i was out all day with the 1517 shot 33 bunnies and 4 crows(great day)plus all the misses and buy the end of the day this gun was doing the same as the 1417 but a hell of alot worse, any one else had problems like this oh and sorry for bawbling on

cheers dave

no, 12 and 6 months old plus they get cleaned after every outing so its not **** bunging it up,never really noticed it until now but its really annoying,if youve just killed a rabbit and theres another one hanging about,you go to eject,its sticks and youve got to mess around trying to clear it, the rabbit b****** off.On a gun thats suppost to be the best you can get it doesnt half p*** you off,i bought annies because i love he two stage triggers should possibly have went with weihrauch,all the same i still think annies take some beating just wish i didnt have this problem

Never heard of this happening before. The only thing i can think is if the gun gets very warm then you may get some expansion of the metal and therefore things become stiff? Are you using any sort of lubricant on the bolt?

not useing any lubricant on the bolt,the hmr had fired about 60 rounds all day from midday until about 9pm so its ot as if its flat out all the time,the .22 probably fired more due to zeroing,practiceing and then shooting in a 6hour period.