FAC application

hi all i was just wondering, im 14 (almost 15) should (touch wood) be getting my SGC through the post anytime soon. and i was just wondering, the farms where i do vermin control with air rifle and shotgun, well i havent been having much success, with magpies and carrions sitting out of range taunting me and i was wondering, when would the best time to apply for an FAC and could someone tell me whether this would be acceptable??:

.17 hmr+moderator for fox,rabbits,corvids,and general vermin

.22lr+moderator for rabbit,fox(just in case i saw one at close range when i was out) corvids and gneral vermin.

and hopefully in the future when i had experience, apply for a .22 centrefire for fox

thank you!!!

You should get those calibres OK, there is no reason why you wouldn't be allowed a .22 hornet either, if you can get someone with a centre-fire to tell the police that you've used one and are safe that'll really help.

You might find your force won't allow a .22lr for foxes, not many do. Many won't allow a .17HMR either, if that's the case you shouldn't struggle to get the .22 hornet, as you might not have any choice for foxes.

I'd at least apply for all 3, the worst that'll happen is they won't grant you the .22 hornet.

I understand the rifles (and ammo) will need to be gifted to you, so you'll need to know someone who can do this for you.

what i was thinking also was however many calibres i put in for,9if i decide to yet), i will decide on the best allrounder, and only have that calibre gifted to me, and wait untill im 18 to obtain the others, but as said, i may wait until im 18

If I was you I'd get on with it. Do you have someone who shoots and can show you the ropes? That would count for a lot. To have someone 'buy' and then gift you a gun doesn't require them to have a variation. You can go into the RFD the over 18 pays and then the firearm transferred to your cert.

It is only going to go up in price (depends on the rumour of the day buy could easily double in cost in the not too distant future).

If you have 'good reason' secure storage and some firearms experience crack on.

If I was you I'd get on with it. Do you have someone who shoots and can show you the ropes? That would count for a lot. To have someone 'buy' and then gift you a gun doesn't require them to have a variation. You can go into the RFD the over 18 pays and then the firearm transferred to your cert. It is only going to go up in price (depends on the rumour of the day buy could easily double in cost in the not too distant future).

If you have 'good reason' secure storage and some firearms experience crack on.

How does that one work as you cannot buy a section 1 firearm without the relevant slot so technically his father for example couldn't pay for said firearm as he would then own it even though it is only for a slight second whilst the rfd transfers it to his sons fac.

How does that one work as you cannot buy a section 1 firearm without the relevant slot so technically his father for example couldn't pay for said firearm as he would then own it even though it is only for a slight second whilst the rfd transfers it to his sons fac.

Having a gun listed on a FAC doesn't mean that you own it. I can go into a RFD tomorrow and buy any firearms on the shelf and then pay them to keep it for me. That gun is legally my possession, but without a 'slot' on my FAC I can't take it home. I have bought guns on a number of occasions whilst waiting for variation paperwork to come through. Not a problem. The person who buys the gun doesn't even need a FAC. They can buy the gun in a nominal fashion and the RFD adds it to the minors cert once they 'gift' it to them.

My FIL has a shotgun of mine. It's listed on his SGC but legally it is my possession.

It seems I am wrong!

7.19 When a parent or other adult wishes to

purchase a firearm to which section 1 of the

1968 Act applies for presentation to a young

person between the ages of fourteen and

seventeen, both the adult and the young

person must be in possession of certificates,

or other lawful authority (for example, as

would be given to a member of a cadet

corps). The former will need the authority

to enable them to purchase, and the latter

to enable them to acquire and possess the