night vision help

kitchy

hi i was wounding if i bought a night vision monocular its £200 and reaches 200m if could attach it to my scope would it work ? jsut need to no before i go buy one jsut need a real cheap NV set up but dont like the night site kit

your problem would be mounting it to your scope ,you would need to fabricate a dsa to attach it to rear of your scope at correct distance to focus on crosshairs,scope would need to be parallax adjustable and a external source of ir light would be needed ,as althought they state 200m or whatever distance it might pick up eyeshine but you wont be to id target clearly. atb :good: i have one i use for spotting and with lazer ir it can see 300 +yds.

Edited by remmy1100

:yes: I got a moonlight night vision monocular of ebay £60 and made a steel bracket to mount it at the back of my scope. I have tried a few scopes to get the best focus 4x40 and 4x50 were hard to focus the best was a 3x9x50 set on 3x. I get a nice sharp view of the cross hairs and of my target down to 15 yds. I got an new 42 LED infrared lamp of ebey £7 that fitted on top of the scope and that give me good vision of Rats out to 25 yds eye shine out to 40 yds. Then i got a 55 watt hand held spot lamp ebay £12 and mounted that on the scope with an infrared filter fitted to it ebay £3. And that is brill its like shooting in daylight but green out to 60 yds. Good vision out to 120yds and eye shine out to 250 yds. The pain is getting it all set up to get the best vision. You have the focus ring at the back of your scope and the monocular has a camera lens at the front with a focus ring and a focus ring at the back of the monocular. So you have to play with all three focus rings to get the best vision. Its fine when you get it set right and you are only shooting at 30yds but then you see a target at 15yds and your out of focus a quick adjust and the Rat as gone :mad: . I used to use lamps for Rating but they soon got lamp shy even using lots of different colour filters. I would shoot 15 to 20 Rats a night then they would go to ground :mad: . But with the night vision i am shooting 50 to 60 Rats a night they just dont see the infrared and its a lot more fun. :lol: Best £100 i have ever spent. :good: Happy :shoot:

So night vision yukon monocular with boost pipe off a subaru turbo pipe like to connect then try and focus it with my scope its a hawke side winder 6.24.56 so should i ?

And the side winders got a focus wheel on the side

Hi bud i think your 6x24x56 scope might be to much magnification for the NV to focus but you can only try it. I found that 3x gave me the best focus. A very good view of the cross hairs and the target. The side focus wheel would be very handy what gun are you putting this on and what sort of distances are you shooting. You need feedback from someone with the yukon setup to give you advice. Its hard i phoned loads of camera shops and telescope shops and nobody could give me any help or advice :good:

:yes: I got a moonlight night vision monocular of ebay £60 and made a steel bracket to mount it at the back of my scope. I have tried a few scopes to get the best focus 4x40 and 4x50 were hard to focus the best was a 3x9x50 set on 3x. I get a nice sharp view of the cross hairs and of my target down to 15 yds. I got an new 42 LED infrared lamp of ebey £7 that fitted on top of the scope and that give me good vision of Rats out to 25 yds eye shine out to 40 yds. Then i got a 55 watt hand held spot lamp ebay £12 and mounted that on the scope with an infrared filter fitted to it ebay £3. And that is brill its like shooting in daylight but green out to 60 yds. Good vision out to 120yds and eye shine out to 250 yds. The pain is getting it all set up to get the best vision. You have the focus ring at the back of your scope and the monocular has a camera lens at the front with a focus ring and a focus ring at the back of the monocular. So you have to play with all three focus rings to get the best vision. Its fine when you get it set right and you are only shooting at 30yds but then you see a target at 15yds and your out of focus a quick adjust and the Rat as gone :mad: . I used to use lamps for Rating but they soon got lamp shy even using lots of different colour filters. I would shoot 15 to 20 Rats a night then they would go to ground :mad: . But with the night vision i am shooting 50 to 60 Rats a night they just dont see the infrared and its a lot more fun. :lol: Best £100 i have ever spent. :good: Happy :shoot:

Could you post a pic of your set up please

:unsure: Hi looking at your list of rifles i would think you would be better of putting NV on one of your PCPs with a lower mag scope. I know the TX200 are a very good rifle and not much recoil but are still a springer. Night vision has a light intensifier tube inside thats a glass coil and bulb. So are a bit on the delicate side so a PCP would be a lot softer on the NV and it would last a lot longer. I have 10 rifles 3 springers 7 PCPs and my NV is on PCP. I did think of putting it on a 25 cal springer for Ratting but the recoil put me of. I did make a few phone calls to find out the cost of repairs to NV. £120 just to replace the light tube hence i put my NV on a PCP. :good:

Have a :look: look on you tube Cubleycat dose a vid on fitting a camcorder and on to the back of a scope she dose vids on night vision as well. There are adapter rings you can get or you can get rubber tube that pushes on the back of the scope and over the front lens of the camcorder. loads on you tube if you have all night. good luck. :good:

right ive seen the little camera rings but if you look on the internet at a handy cam there is no place for it to go on :/ im realy confused a cant understand because if the rings are small the pipe might slip off them and not hold camera up stright it might sag

right ive seen the little camera rings but if you look on the internet at a handy cam there is no place for it to go on :/ im realy confused a cant understand because if the rings are small the pipe might slip off them and not hold camera up stright it might sag

Kitchy

the filter adapter ring screws into the lens, you then have to fix the larger diameter to the scope. See Snypercat vid on you tube. Explains it all.

Also a good linky to a decent priced IR illuminator on there from Odiforce.com which ive just ordered for my intended handycam set up.

Hope that helps

Cheers