crows

Shooting crows over fresh cut silage in the next ten days or so. Any tips on this would be apreciated. Cheers guys

if you can put your hide up the night before you can make a much better job of it then with plenty of natural

material i always get there before daybreak although everyone has different ideas and has been said stay

very still untill you take your shot

I agree with Dolphin 100%, I always try and get everything set up before daybreak I usually get better results this way.

I don't particularly use a loads of decoys, half a dozen or so seems to do the trick because they don't appear to feed in huge numbers on my permission this time of year.

If your going to be shooting over ten days then I suggest that you move the position of you hide as much as you can. They aren't daft birds and will quickly figure out what's going on.

I'm off on the crows tomorrow as well, good luck to you and enjoy :good:

Crow shooting is the best kind of shooting IMO.

ps I always try and floor them with my first shot, once you hear that dreaded alarm call when you've missed and been spotted, it usually goes tits up :lol:

Edited by hedd-wyn

thanks for the reply mate. ur def right u have to take em down with a well placed shot. iv seen it go tits up more times than i care to admit when i first started shooting. now im a pretty good shot with my semi auto loaded with 30grm 5s eley high flyers. fantastic cartridge. let me know how u got on wid the crows