new pellets

kitchy

Ignore what UKPoacher says, he cannot hunt with an air rifle where he lives. If he says he does we must inform the Gendarmerie! Therefore these pellets will be of no use or appeal to him!

Unfortunatley you are correct in what you say - no airgun hunting in France. That however does not erase over forty years of air rifle hunting in the UK upto last February. And I have tried PAX pellets. Not only were they less accurate, they were useless for hunting due to their being too hard. Quite often we hear about PAX pellets being 'hard hitting' and people are impressed with the way they smash timber. Should I ever go hunting wooden stakes I'll consider them, but when I pop back over to the UK and have a day on the pigeons or squirrels I'll stick to a good old-fashioned lead diabolo such as AA Field or JSB Exact.

I might even try some Superdomes again. I used them for years and years in my HW springers and they are quite accurate and great value.

Edit> There is a shooting club in the next village. They have reanges for .22 rimfire, pistols and air rifles. Not as exciting as hunting, but being a member means that I can buy rimfire ammo' for the farmer's rifle and have a play with that too.

Edited by UKPoacher

Clive - Thankfully - more Shooters make their own Choice to try

Pellets and Not listen to Bitter Ex British Shooters :rolleyes:

Facts - I am Only Banned on Two Forum Boards -BBS & Air Arms

In both Cases due to my View on the Air Gun Trades AT Policy -

Re Pax Forum Board - Got hit reason for rebuild

It's only a Reference site -

I wonder who will get Bored First ;)

BOB/R

UKPoacher, your gun must have been a lot different to mine, my Daystate X2 loved Prometheus Defiants! They were also very good for hunting. I shot loads of rabbits with them! To constantly belittle these pellets shows someone who has little understanding or tolerance. People will buy what works for them. Pax have been making pellets for decades now. They would not have achieved that without producing some results for the cost of the ammunition. You cannot use the SMK argument that it is all about cost. These are a premium price. You cannot keep producing things at a premium price without having something to back it up. Lots of car makers made that mistake!

I used these pellets in several guns - from SMK QB78 to a Weihrauch 100S. They were not accurate enough in any of them. In fact I gave away over half of the four boxes I bought, jut keeping a few for trying in any new guns I might acquire.

Clubshot; whilever you keep on plugging these pellets in the way that you do, i.e. not mentioning your company interest I shall continue to bring this to people's attention. Tell you what; I'll strike a deal. When someone uses PAX pellets to win an international target trophy I'll reconsider my opinion. Until then, the Queen's Award for Export isn't exactly relevant for most airgun users.

Defiant OGive - is that OGive me a break?

It's comical reading through some of this blatant advertising from clubshot.

Why will you just not accept clubshot that people will make an informed choice and the british pellet industry is no better than the makers of AA, H&N, RWS and Crossman!

I do wonder what people from the outside think when the see bickering like this from people with a common interest.

Fact is find a pellet you like and stick to it. It will save you money and improve your shooting.