Fud Crow decoys

fielddweller

Hi Guys

Has any one used these with good results?and if so do you set them different to normal deeks.

Me and my lad bought 12 and have tried various groups and patterns with little joy,the birds come near but wont comit(had great results with fud pigeons)

My lad and his mate went out on Sunday and took 4 flocked full bodied ones aswell,they set up 2 hides and patterns along the same hedge and all the early birds committed to the flocked deeks.Once a few dead ones were added to the fuds things improved,to be honest i dont think the crow fuds look like real birds unlike the pigeon ones.

Any thoughts or tips would be helpful.

Fielddweller

I usually use six of them in no particular pattern, just make sure there are a good few feet between them and facing towards the direction of the wind.

Yes, they do look a bit naff up close, bot from far the FUDs look more natural when mimicking a feeding pattern and I always loft one as high as I can slightly out of the pattern on a branch, or fence post to mimic a lookout crow.

I own an acme crow caller but don't really use it anymore.

Building a good hide is rally important because corvids have good eyesight and will spot you a mile off if you aren't camo'd up to the face and keep movement to a minimal.

I usually get everything set up before first light and always make sure i'm one step ahead.

But I have to admit that I have learnt all this the hard way :lol:

Good luck

Hedd

Had a bag of 90 and 76 with 2 guns in one hide last year plus some other good days so fairly sure hide and pattern are ok.This was using 3 full bodied deeks and the first dead one on a flapper which really makes a difference,not had any joy using a magnet.However back to my original point that fuds dont seem to work as well as full bodied.I set the fuds out in groups of 3/4 as i would with dead ones which pulls them over but not down and close,never used a call as ive not needed one in the past but might be worth a go.I bought the fuds as ive had good results with the pigeon ones and some of my permission needs a good walk.

cheers

Fielddweller