FAC : Granted

Brad93

My FEO came round earlier, talked about the rifles, looked at my cabinet, spoke about the permission, FAC all granted, just gotta speak to my referees and I've gotta run another passport photo over to them (y)

Well pleased. Can't wait to get down the shop. He thinks it should be toward the end of next month if not earlier :D

do you need to have shoot permission for FAC as i want to apply for mine but for target shooting at my local club/range and also so i can have more than a 3 shot on my shotgun

If you are a member of a rifle club then yes you can apply for FAC but it will be for target shooting only! as for the section 1 shotgun, you have to have good reason to own one as with any firearms

Got mine granted last week if ya feel like I do ,the days drag when the post has been :lol:

funny you say that as i stopped the postie the other day and asked if he had a big brown envelope for me ;) its a good job he knows me lol.

i have access to land it was checked out before as my mate used it to get his fac would it be better if i just said i was doing it on this land for pest control reasons? then i can still go to the club target shooting?

Yes that would allow you to get a FAC, and you could then use those guns for target shooting at a club. If you don't get it for pest control and solely for target shooting you need to be a member of a club, usually for between 3-6 months before you can apply, so as you've got land you can nominate that can make it much quicker.