Sam Neyt Crow Caller

steve_b_wales

After using the Primos Power Crow caller for many years, with great success, I thought I would try out the Sam Neyt caller, because of all the rave reviews about it. I took it with me on the farm today, and gave it a go. My first impression and opinion? Not happy at all. I can get the same sounds out of the Primos caller, and at almost a 3rd of the price cheaper. I used the Sam Neyt one correctly, and although the sounds were authentic, they were no better, or worse, than the Primos. I personally think that the Primos has the edge on sounds, as apart from Crows, I can call Rooks and Jackdaws with excellent results.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not rubbishing the Sam Neyt caller, and if you want a quality caller, then this is a good one. But,the Primos caller is also good quality, albeit a 'plastic' one.

Steve.

dunno bout the primos. but i do know i just called in 2 crows within seconds of using my sam neyt call

couldnt believe it :lol: only had it a couple'a' days. went in the garden to sit in the sun a while and practice

and straight away 2 crow right over my head givin it large, wish i had the shottie in me hands :yes:

cant wait till the weekend . i'l have a proper do with it then :D;)

dunno bout the primos. but i do know i just called in 2 crows within seconds of using my sam neyt call

couldnt believe it :lol: only had it a couple'a' days. went in the garden to sit in the sun a while and practice

and straight away 2 crow right over my head givin it large, wish i had the shottie in me hands :yes:

cant wait till the weekend . i'l have a proper do with it then :D;)

When using the Primos caller, I usually bring in Crows from a great distance away, and keep them there while getting ready to shoot at them.

I'm not knocking the Sam Neyt caller, but while testing it,I found that I can get the same sounds(and more) out of the Primos, which is far cheaper.

have to agree with steve b, i have one of the Sam Neyt callers but i cant seem to get on with it, and now i allways use the primos caller as its deadly on jackdaws, and i do get crows come in to the primos one as well, out shooting on monday had 53 jackdaws along with crows nearly all came in to the primos caller over some maize cover crop :good:

5838f22e.jpg

I have a Johnny Stewart Crow Caller that I get on really well with using it does bring the crows in from quite some distances. It would be interesting to see how they compare with the Primos callers!

I once had an ACME Crow caller and all I could do was to make sounds like Daffy Duck in with a severe dose of Delli Belly! It did work for Jackdaws but I would not buy another! :no:

I use the Sam Neyt and have shot between 1000 and 1500 corvids every year for about eight years. I personally find the Sam Neyt the best but to be honest, it's good we all use different calls or else the crafty crows would soon get wise to our calling!

Ive used quite a few calls, even ones from the USA, but just find the best one for me is the Primos, but what ever you use if it pulls the crows in well that's the main thing :good: i have been using the yellow primos and have now found out they do a new one, i think its a 'primos power call' any one bought one yet and if so any luck with the crows with them, Pykie are most of your kills carrion crows or rooks, as i seem to shoot loads of jackdaws at this time of the year and mostly rooks on laid wheat or barley later in the year, and have a few carrion crows now and then, would love to shoot hooded crows but there just arnt any round my way :/

I have a Johnny Stewart Crow Caller that I get on really well with using it does bring the crows in from quite some distances. It would be interesting to see how they compare with the Primos callers!

I once had an ACME Crow caller and all I could do was to make sounds like Daffy Duck in with a severe dose of Delli Belly! It did work for Jackdaws but I would not buy another! :no:

The ACME one is okay for Jackdaws, but useless for Crows, in my opinion. The pitch is too high. When I use the Primos caller, I can call in Jackdaw's, Crows, Rooks, and even Seagulls (done to see if I could do it, but not to shoot them)

The Primos is about the best on the market, and at a good price too. But as mentioned, if your caller works for you, no matter what the make is, then that's what matters most.

Ive used quite a few calls, even ones from the USA, but just find the best one for me is the Primos, but what ever you use if it pulls the crows in well that's the main thing :good: i have been using the yellow primos and have now found out they do a new one, i think its a 'primos power call' any one bought one yet and if so any luck with the crows with them, Pykie are most of your kills carrion crows or rooks, as i seem to shoot loads of jackdaws at this time of the year and mostly rooks on laid wheat or barley later in the year, and have a few carrion crows now and then, would love to shoot hooded crows but there just arnt any round my way :/

I get mostly carrion crows on the pig units, rooks either on drilling or laid corn, and a mixture of both on stubbles. Jackdaws nearly always seem to be around somewhere I shoot.