Shotgun Valuation

joecash

in the US there is "blue book" for guns its down to dealers nose and auction prices really

thanks HDAV the market appears to be a bit "del boy" place - i thought as much as some used guns appear to be priced above what they cost new by some

thanks HDAV the market appears to be a bit "del boy" place - i thought as much as some used guns appear to be priced above what they cost new by some

Alot depends on the guns your looking at high or low end the age and condition. A pair of named guns with providence in good condition mega bucks certainly more than new when they would have been a few hundred guineas...... Now tens of thousands! Old lanber/baikal etc few hundred quid now and then........ They are only worth what someone will pay and some dealers are keener to shift stock than others!

Alot depends on the guns your looking at high or low end the age and condition. A pair of named guns with providence in good condition mega bucks certainly more than new when they would have been a few hundred guineas...... Now tens of thousands! Old lanber/baikal etc few hundred quid now and then........ They are only worth what someone will pay and some dealers are keener to shift stock than others!

around a grand plus is about my limit xx a beretta gold e would suit once my sgc is thro - but the asking for them is anywher from around 1300 to nearly 2 grand second hand xx some dont appear to be priced according to age accessories or condition either. all very interesting

Edited by joecash

Guntrader is good for working out relative averages and provides a good refernce. A reference is all it is though and prices need to be looked at through a sensible eye. You are new to shooting, its one of those things, as we come across more guns and talk to more people etc we build up a good understanding of values.

Guntrader is good for working out relative averages and provides a good refernce. A reference is all it is though and prices need to be looked at through a sensible eye. You are new to shooting, its one of those things, as we come across more guns and talk to more people etc we build up a good understanding of values.

the more i build up a good understanding of values; the more i scratch my head and the more i get cofused. According to the wife thats normal for me.

around a grand plus is about my limit xx a beretta gold e would suit once my sgc is thro - but the asking for them is anywher from around 1300 to nearly 2 grand second hand xx some dont appear to be priced according to age accessories or condition either. all very interesting

Well considering they were £2,500 new for the most basic up to over £3k £1300-£2k seems about right....Age has little to do with condition and some say the older actions were better made. you'll struggle to get a nice 682 Gold e for a grand perhaps a 682, remember some might have been very heavily used trap guns, others lightly used sporters.

http://www.positiveshooting.com/Beretta682GoldE.html

Il back up what HDAV said,my 11 year old 682 gold e trap gun is worth £1800 or more retail,it does sport fine wood,ajustable stock & is hardly used mind.... A very early silver pigeon that i got for the mrs has a completely different stock setup which has saved me any alterations compared to the new version and is far better built.If its been looked after and of good quality,im afraid its going to cost more bud :good: