I want a defender.

alexf

As the title says want a defender, not a hope in hell at the moment with finances but after being in one this week I now want one. Oh well will have to wait a while. If anybody knows anywhere that has good reading material about them let me know.

i had an ex army 110 and it had a perfect chassis and bulkhead,better than one 10 years newer,wish i'd not sold it sometimes.had a 90 offroader after that,but the spare wheel was that big it filled the tub! so it was just 2 seater and trailer puller,then i needed something with a bit of carrying capacity so i now have a 110 hi-cap.

As the title says want a defender, not a hope in hell at the moment with finances but after being in one this week I now want one. Oh well will have to wait a while. If anybody knows anywhere that has good reading material about them let me know.

I share your wish and circumstances - I'd be interested how Welsh Lamb got her hands on an ex army one - I like the camouflage and wouldnt mind a left hander.

I'll see whats on the net and post any results on ex army !

Me and my brother have just revamped one (a 1984 d90) it was only £1100 (failed its mot 2 years ago and was left stood) after some welding, wire brushing, painting and general tinkering it was mot,d last week and is a belter! If you look about for a project car like this then its a good way to get one cheaper!

edit: also parts are cheap as chips on ebay

Edited by archiebald

I've got a d90 200tdi which I love. Had a Toyota land cruiser before; was super reliable but boring. I realy like my SIII as well, but it's not economical and just to uncomfortable for longer distances -bought the defender because it just has the series feel without the slight minors...

I think Defenders are great -all land rovers are nice for that fact, but I know there are a lot of people who hate them. I can see why; they are uncomfortable compared to a lot of other vehicles, they are to expensive and they have their strange problems...

Edited by Fib new

Sold this to buy a Yota, worst thing I ever did. It was 300TDI and ran faultlesly, beautiful motor. The Yota's got no character, just bland and boringly effecient.

Yota's for sale in another post, all offers considered as it has to go. After 42 years :o of Land Rovers I aint gonna change am I so no point in trying, it'll be Disco next :good:

post-20106-0-80218300-1339355897.jpg