BURRIS & GMK

SO NOTHING FROM THE DIRECTOR , talking to a really top retailer and truly nice guy this morning , In his words he hates dealing with GMK ,as soon as I mentioned the dreaded name and explained ,and told him to read this forum, his reaction was 'no surprise there ' .SO EVEN THE LIFEBLOOD RETAILERS OF THE PRODUCTS GMK REPRESENT THINK THE WORST OF THIS 'GIANT' HAVE I NEVER HEARD A GOOD WORD ABOUT GMK AND THAT HAS BEEN THE RULE NOT THE EXCEPTION ,SO WHAT HOPE JOE PUBLIC,simple There is NONE . Going to see a guy who GMK WILL HAVE HEARD OF - LEADING LAWYER IN THE BIG CITY - LIKES HIS DAY WITH US AT OUR SHOOT AS GUEST ,own's the estate next to me so VERY helpful ,Think his wife top LAWYER TOO ,ring any bells GMK ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little more homework , GMK ,'Company's philosophy-maximise customer service and operational efficiency' under law enforcement and military-' GMK was founded around the simple principals of OBTAINING the best products available ,keeping these in stock and offering excellent customer service ' to the law and military -HOPE YOUR SIGHTS ARE OK BOYS or' OR YOU COULD ASK' PLEASE CEASE HOSTILITY' until we get our equipment back from GMK ,it will only take a couple of months ! The disturbing bit about 'OBTAINING' - see Mr KARL was with B SKY B before -wonder where the untouchable philosophy came from ?

Edited by graiglearn

Only had a simple query with c/s at GMK regarding a shot gun, and they were polite curtious and gave the answer within a few mins, this was probally around 6 months ago.

Had no dealings with if things go pear shaped.

Lucky you , It is easy to be nice if you know it aint gonna be above a quote from a manual ,or something simple ,as I say when the retailers shudder at the thought of dealing with them there is something drastically wrong at source

GMK are pretty horrendous - I sent a scope in (Leupold) needed repair. Had to wait months because "we wait until we've got a load to send back because it saves on postage"

Great service there, I don't think. Bloody awful company - only importing the pre-screwcut Tikkas, which have a tiny little barrel and are no good to anyone, really. Most 243s will struggle to be deer legal with such a short barrel. I accept many will want it anyway, but there is no choice there.

I have not had good service from them, the pricing takes the mick, and stock availability is really not that wonderful. Needs more competition!

GMK are pretty horrendous - I sent a scope in (Leupold) needed repair. Had to wait months because "we wait until we've got a load to send back because it saves on postage"

Great service there, I don't think. Bloody awful company - only importing the pre-screwcut Tikkas, which have a tiny little barrel and are no good to anyone, really. Most 243s will struggle to be deer legal with such a short barrel. I accept many will want it anyway, but there is no choice there.

I have not had good service from them, the pricing takes the mick, and stock availability is really not that wonderful. Needs more competition!

Thanks for that ,I can assure you your description 'Bloody awful company ' is one of the most restrained comments I have heard ,Did they in fact return to Leupold or just use Finland ,it would appear if like BURRIS they let GMK send repairs to Finland -a third party - wish I knew the Company IN Finland to Quiz them when they actually receive repairs ,could be as you say GMK wait till a load before sending ,must be that because the promised PRIORITY I was to receive is now into week 3 !

had a shrink ( he seems to think he is ) on another forum ,he seem to think I am overdoing this ,Hell the object is to attract attention to BURRIS & GMK and their attitude , after he insulted me he asked if he could help! (what kind of schizo are you mark)Ok mark taken on board see no cap lock ,now to help ,lend me a Nightforce 32x until my scope is returned then I will send it back damaged and ignore you ,how's that for calm ?

I think that you are being totally OTT, things do go wrong and it seems that GMK/Burris are trying to sort it out for you. Things also sometimes take longer than normal when you are dealing with repair centres abroad. Just inhale and wait and realise that there are more important things going on. I have had to wait longer for things to be repaired. GET A LIFE!!!!!

Over the last few pages this thread looks like a man being viewed through the window in a pink rubber wallpapered room, screaming at himself.

If this has been your verbal approach elsewhere its hard not to see their reply as fair.

:yes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers guys I can see you are both willing to shoot with sub standard gear,the only way I can get at GMK is to keep this up there and whatever you think you are doing your bit for me , O if I am over the top I was told by a member of the Gun Trade Association to report GMK as thy were sick of GMK's service, or lack of it to the gun trade !I have done so

I think that you are being totally OTT, things do go wrong and it seems that GMK/Burris are trying to sort it out for you. Things also sometimes take longer than normal when you are dealing with repair centres abroad. Just inhale and wait and realise that there are more important things going on. I have had to wait longer for things to be repaired. GET A LIFE!!!!!

Ever seen 200 dead partridge or 200 dead pheasant poults ,done by fox cub for fun,I have just because one of a litter got away - no scope no cubs

Over the last few pages this thread looks like a man being viewed through the window in a pink rubber wallpapered room, screaming at himself.

If this has been your verbal approach elsewhere its hard not to see their reply as fair.

how do you control your vermin ? or do you get others to do it for you ?then complain when damage is done .

:yes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lots of laughing faces ? I practice vermin control ,I need to. I don't play at it.one that gets away costs me £ ,lots of £ ,Do you like laughing when your fellow sportsmen are being screwed by a company who's customer service is so documented ?But keep on posting ,back at top of page - more seeing the named company's for what they are,

Im lost for words. I think you are misguided if you think this thread is going to convince people to stop buying products from GMK, from the Beretta stable (who im fairly sure either own or do so partly) your favoured company.

If you consult trading standards and present a precise, concise case with an accurate timeline im sure you will receive positive advice. I have only skim read most of the one man conversation from a soapbox but i find it hard to believe a scope was sent in a plasic bag regardless of how badly their customer service reputation is portrayed. Slagging them in public is more than likely counterproductive, they are BIG BOYS and if you seem agressive, they will walk away. We all have experience of good and bad customer service from retailers and it can be frustrating but at some point you have to calm down otherwise you will just wind other people up.

No problem mate give me your email -will send you pictures of the way it was sent in the plastic bag, anyway GMK have admitted that part they did do it ,Its the repair part that bothers me If the damage force was enough to fracture the alloy bell housing ,what has it done to the insides ? if it were your scope would you be confident in its performance ?

Im not sure id like to let my email address get drawn into this, I have no direct interest but bwanted to try and calm you down as this course of action will get you nowhere.

If you feel you have been unfairly treated, contact trading standards because I doubt this forum rant is doing anything to favour any possible assistance.

OK , just to prove a point ,I was having trouble sending pictures so listed for Burris to look at on THat site ,item number 280913120815 only on for 3 days - have a look ,then give me an offer after repair but I would not recommend scope to anyone ?

Calm down dear, It's only a scope. You say it's gone back for repair/examination, WAIT and see what Burris say, they will decide if it's too damaged to be repaired. If it comes back repaired then they are happy to release it back to you with full confidence that it is 100% ok. They are the experts NOT you.............

Edited by Berelli

Calm down dear, It's only a scope. You say it's gone back for repair/examination, WAIT and see what Burris say, they will decide if it's too damaged to be repaired. If it comes back repaired then they are happy to release it back to you with full confidence that it is 100% ok. They are the experts NOT you.............

Now please answer this , I have had the scope evaluated by an independent optical firm ,No 1 in UK,By Pictures Of Damage ,This firm would not attempt repair .When I told GMK of this they said (I have copy email)it was impossible to assess scope from pictures and needed 'hands on', So when I was mailing Burris in USA I was asked for pictures to be sent to technical manager who surprisingly said the scope could be repaired by looking at the same pictures ! contradiction between the two main names ,This has been the story all along ,Oh and by the way if you read the thread right I depend 100% on lamping fox control at this time of the year ,snaring not an option just now , so to have no scope for 3 1/2 months is not an option !If your motor transport had been involved in a 100% write off would you be happy to have it back stuck together with an un-named repairer in Finland ?.

Why not ask gmk for a loan scope? When game season begins you better hope nobody turns up with a beretta.

If they had customer service then it would have been very good of them to offer,but was never mentioned ,I should add I have contacted the Gun Trades Association on the recom of another trade member who is sick of their attitude to the trade.Hey I have had 3 beretta's for 25 years ,never missed a beat ,but that was pre GMK.Never got a Christmas card from them anyway

Have to say the pictures are about as clear as mud, from the ramblings so far I can see little of much note. Get the response about repair or not then you need everything in writing with GMK once they refuse replacement or a satisfactory repair you can then talk small claims court. Contrary to much opinion I'd suggest this sort of thread bothers them less than the incorrect amount of sugar in their tea