lead shot

I don't think there is an answer to that, shooting using lead shot it under attack, and it's just not possible to see exactly what the outcome will be, or when.

Can you just buy a gun proofed for steel? That'll do on clays and you needn't worry about losing lead, you can then keep the same gun and use steel.

Steel will be the same price as lead when it is eventually banned even though it is cheaper to buy and manufacture.

i agree with that it will be one more example of rip off britain in action

I don't think there is an answer to that, shooting using lead shot it under attack, and it's just not possible to see exactly what the outcome will be, or when.

Can you just buy a gun proofed for steel? That'll do on clays and you needn't worry about losing lead, you can then keep the same gun and use steel.

the gun i have seen is a very nice older beretta and within my price bracket but is not steel proofed

Guest cookoff013

Steel will be the same price as lead when it is eventually banned even though it is cheaper to buy and manufacture.

yes too true,

but reloaders will get the upper hand for a while, as the market fluctuates and adjusts to the price of steel shot.

however, we will see 1oz #5 and #6 loads appear as the cartridge wars start up. the manufacturers have so far refused to produce a 1oz #5 for pigeons because this will compete with the higher profit pigeon shells.

and they do make money on shells.

Nah, it won't ever get banned. Bad Governments need lead to shoot their people.

The various bankers and 'think tanks' that make up the financial muscle and movers and shakers of what some call, the 'New World Order", are 100% against private citizens having any means whatsoever of rebellion. Especially if they decide to enact some of their more unpalatable social-engineering goals, such as mandatory sterilisation, State 'encouraged' Euthanasia of the 'wasteful' and re-greening (forced resettlement of the Great Unwashed from rural living into sardine-tin CCTV-cities).

Private arms, and the Free Internet, are really in peril unless this bunch fail. Right now, they are likely to, having pushed too hard in Stage-1 (the staged collapse of the Western economies to make us beg Globalists for 'help').

Well, at least that's what my granny said...

The thing is, those who will vote for a ban on lead shot have no idea what the implications of steel and other non toxics are because they are (mostly) non shooters. For example, how many will know that 'eco friedly' steel cannot be used without plastic wads being launched across the country side with every shot? How many know that many older guns cannot use steel and that many will be pushed out of shooting because thier guns are not steel proofed and cannot/will not change guns? How many know about the ballistic differences between steel and lead and thier reasonable usage and that the rates of humane killing may well decrease because of the lower abilities of steel in comparison to lead.

The issue we face is that the advocates of a lead ban know very little about what effect such a ban will have, and probably dont care. I'd be willing to bet that there are lots of addvocates of a lead ban who's final aim is ban on either live game shooting/ shooting in general and gun ownership. The public will side with them because of public health scares they will no doubt drum up and we are well on the way to seeing extra restrictions on shooting.

I dont think it will happen, I think the big landowners will have enough say with the Eaton boys to keep the situation the same as today,Don't forget many in both houses of parliment have interests in shooting

The Eaton boys will have no more to say about the ban than you or I. You all seem to think that what we want matters. We are now seeing the benefits of living under the dictatorship of Europe and when the powers, that you nor I voted in, decide to ban lead it will be done and you can go to pot. They are already half way there with the ban over wetlands and wildfowl. This was just a tester to see what reaction they would get. Thanks to the inaction of our paid for representatives the ban was put in place like the next one will be.This was done with no credable evidence that there was any harm in using lead shot. Our over paid representatives sat on their useless behinds and allowed this to happen. All the above posts seem to think that banning lead means shooting steel. This is not the case but steel is the one metal which would be affordable to the average Joe. The powers that be dont give two damms for the average Joe or if he can afford to shoot or not.They would prefer that us plebs didnt shoot at all,and one way to achieve this would be to leave shooting too expensive for the majority of the workers(slaves). The royals are all big followers of shooting but I dont recall any of them speaking out against this present threat to our sport,no doubt ban or not they will continue to use lead.