chuffed with new die

i have been playing around with my new lee neck sizing die and i am well chuffed with it. finally the wind fell away last night for a while, this last week and a half has been 25-30 mph winds right across where i shoot. i shot a 1/4" 5 shot group at 100 yards then set up the target at 250 yards and was pleasantly surprised when i went to get the target to find a nice 1/2" group. for some reason on the first shot i pulled the trigger like i was pulling on a hand brake the rest felt good and shot good.

post-29954-0-77242800-1339761264.jpg

the range was set out with a range finder from my shed door across to the end of an old house, 245 yards. it was with my .223 a-bolt and the new to me scope i got a few weeks ago, a leupold vx-111 6.5-22x40. it was completely flat calm, not a breath of wind. the target is 2". it was probably just a happening, probably never be able to do it again :lol: :lol: :lol: all the shots felt perfect except for the first one. i do love the new scope though :good:

Know what you are saying Aister about repeatability. This (only 3 shot) group was at 250 yds off my bench and firestorm craddle. I noticed on the 2nd shot that the hole looked a little bigger, so after the 3rd shot walked down to target and decided there and then that there was no way that target was getting a 4th & 5th shot- with that excitement those next two would have been inches off !. Twas just a fluke, however at a 100 it will shoot consistently >.25 and occasionally (weather conditions and me) sb .2

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/wyndog/22250R93A3shotgroupat251yds.jpg

Best thing is to try it again, I don't have facilities to really go out to 250yds but have got some lovely ragged holes consistantly at 100yds with my Tika,thats with a bipod and sandbag at rear. It gives you great confidence when your out shooting live quarry and this alone can make so much differance. You have accurate set up there for sure though.