Tomatoes - Progress

Kes

I don't bother with toms as we always seem to go away when they need watering the most :/

However, lots of stuff seems to have failed to germinate or is slow in growing (spinach, beetroot, sweat peas, beans ....) and that's all in the tropical climes of Surrey.

My Mrs's has lost a lot of expensive plant's this year and we don't know why - Toms are about 4ft with a few small toms on bottom truss - runner beans are 4ft - broad beans are mass of flowers - eaten one pod of peas - We tried spuds in those spud growing bags - started them in greenhouse then outside when weather warmed up - not a big crop as one of three spuds we planted has gone rotton - I would suggest to anyone put at least 4 in bag. Onions are slow but carrots look healthy - I broadcast mine this year so don't have to thin them out - Another variety from Lidl came on a ribbon so just lay it down and cover. two rows up but no sign of third.

Dave