Reloading for 6.5

Ive not been told their banned, a lot of people are using solid lead slugs there so.............

I reckon ill try the Speer and Sierra.

A question Speer list the Deep Curl in 6.5, but only give loading data for a .260 Rem, would they be OK to use in a Swede and what sort of load should i start with?

There is a huge difference been lead bullets and monolithic bullets, lead being cast and mono' being turned. Due to their unpredictable ricochet characteristics they are not permissible on MOD ranges. (It should state it in range orders)

Mike

I use this page for a starter load.

http://stevespages.com/264_9_140.html

I have sent you the ballistic testing link, i think.lol.

I will be trying the 140 hot-cores as soon as i get off my butt and order them. i spoke to cliffs who said they might be discontinued but a quick mail to Speer said differant.

I didnt like the way the deep-curls opened up

There is a huge difference been lead bullets and monolithic bullets, lead being cast and mono' being turned. Due to their unpredictable ricochet characteristics they are not permissible on MOD ranges. (It should state it in range orders)

Mike

Nothing is said in range orders, its a private range not MOD.

I use this page for a starter load.

http://stevespages.com/264_9_140.html

I have sent you the ballistic testing link, i think.lol.

I will be trying the 140 hot-cores as soon as i get off my butt and order them. i spoke to cliffs who said they might be discontinued but a quick mail to Speer said differant.

I didnt like the way the deep-curls opened up

Cheers for that! Its looking like a toss up between Barnes and Sierra, Ill try the Sierra fitst, theyre cheaper.

Erm i use Reloder 22, its a reasonable powder that fills the case nicely.

I cannot get Sierra bullets at persent, so i have some Hornady SP to fill in. Incidentally does anyone have any experience of Remmington CoreLoct beullets, and can they be loaded without crimping them?

Ill report back on my findings with the Hornady, and Maybe Remmington.

I have just picked a pack or 140 SP Speer to try. i was going to loadwith varget butat 36gn max this will only give half case filling. need something else now. reloader 19 and 22 are listed. i know someone using v.N140 but thats not in the lee book

Any thoughts?

Try IMR 4831 - I am using this to push the 142gr Sierra's out to 1000 yds. (IMR 4831 is NOT the same as H4831)

Mike

I cannot get Sierra bullets at persent, so i have some Hornady SP to fill in. Incidentally does anyone have any experience of Remmington CoreLoct beullets, and can they be loaded without crimping them?

I've found Hornady bullets to be quite good. Core-Lokts broke up horribly in my .375H&H which although powerful isn't a fast round. I wasn't too impressed with them to be honest. :no: