Highdowns Little Bag

highdowns hunter

Here is a pic of todays little bag,

Walked the fields around the farm where i shoot (or should I say Walk) :) and didnt see anything flying or feeding, :lol: It was an overcast day quite hot with very little wind :*) I decided to take a rest between 2 Electricity poles in the middle of a wheat stubble field and watch the tractors working in the next field :) After 10 mins a lone pigeon flew past and I hit it first shot :) Which surprised me as my shooting was **** when i was clay shooting on Sunday :lol: Anyway there were a few rooks in the next field so I decided to put out a crow decoy the dead pigeon and 10 shell decoys which i carried with me :) Within the next hour I managed to get another 15 pigeons for 20 shots :( :)

Not much of a bag I know but I was quite happy with the afternoons shooting :)

post-11-1062532413.jpg

Sniper, The electric poles were just 2 ordinary poles abut 4 ft apart I think the electric board use a double pole as some sort of anchor,

The pigeons around our way like the wires to sit on as we dont have many trees

Around the bottom of the poles were a patch of overgrown weeds and nettles, I didnt use a hide but just sat amongst the weeds It seemed good enough as the birds kept coming and didnt see me at all