BSA pcp's

Rimfireboy

Ive read reviews on the Internet about people saying that their BSA's have been well under 12 fpe, like 9.5-10 fpe. Anybody on PW found this to be true. I think they're tamper proof now, so you can't tweak em up if you need to. I was thinking about a .25 scorpion for ratting but I won't bother if they're down on power.

Ive read reviews on the Internet about people saying that their BSA's have been well under 12 fpe, like 9.5-10 fpe. Anybody on PW found this to be true. I think they're tamper proof now, so you can't tweak em up if you need to. I was thinking about a .25 scorpion for ratting but I won't bother if they're down on power.

I find any evidence but yes, I've also heard that the factory setting is a little lower than others, 10.8ft/lb rings a bell.

Just because they are anti tamper is doesn't mean you can't mess with them, just means the warranty is void.

Re a sub fac .25, have you considered hoofing paving slabs at rats instead?

I find any evidence but yes, I've also heard that the factory setting is a little lower than others, 10.8ft/lb rings a bell.

Just because they are anti tamper is doesn't mean you can't mess with them, just means the warranty is void.

Re a sub fac .25, have you considered hoofing paving slabs at rats instead?

Yeah,I know. That's why they need to be nudging twelve. I don't think any lower would be much cop and that's why I was asking the question really. I had a supersport .25 when they came out and it was bang on twelve ft lbs with rhinos. It worked well at the ranges I have in mind. I also shot a few rabbits with it. The heavier pellets were useless though at twelve ft lb, I agree.